Open Debris Burning Is Currently
(Burn Permits are required for All Burn Barrels and Recreational Fires)
Current Burn information (Within:)
Gearhart (City Limits)
Gearhart Fire District
Areas within the city limits of Gearhart contact the Gearhart Fire Department at (503) 738-7838 for information on how to obtain a burn permit. Areas outside the City Limits of Gearhart contact the Oregon Department of Forestry at (503)325-5451.
General Burning Rules
* All fires MUST be attended at all times. Burn barrels shall have proper screening.
*Burn barrels and Recreational fires are allowed during fire season ONLY with a permit. No
open debris burning is allowed during fire season.
* Outside fire season open debris burning is allowed, piles larger than 4 ft. x 4ft. must have
approval from Gearhart Fire Department prior to igniting.
* A hose or tools Shall be present at all times when burning.
* No burning will be allowed during times of extreme dryness.
*Recreational fires located on the beaches are allowed without a permit. (Beach fires shall be
no closer than 50 feet from dune grass, are not allowed in driftwood, and must be extinguished
prior to leaving).
* All fire must be of clean wood or wood products, no illegal material allowed (i.e. plastics,
rubber, tires, furniture, etc. see DEQ rules).
Special burn permits